How do I ship a sample?
- Please contact us at email@example.com or through our contact form to have your facility registered as a provider. Basic information as well as provider ID will be required.
- Samples may be submitted from a clinical collection lab as blood or purified DNA. For submission of blood, Beckton Dickinson ® Vacutainer EDTA Tubes are requested (lavender or pink) with lavender preferred. Also accepted is BD Vacutainer Specialty Tube (yellow). Heparin is a powerful PCR inhibitor and co-purifies with DNA. Therefore, blood collected in Heparin-coated tubes should not be submitted.
- Label samples with two unique identifiers, typically a patient’s name and date of birth.
- Package the forms, the sample and include a signed medical provider order (required for clinical sample processing). You can find the CSL’s test request form here.
- Print and sign the Hazardous Declaration Form to include with your shipment. Samples shipped without this document will be discarded.
- Pack samples as diagrammed at the side.
- Ship samples overnight to the address below. We advise shipping no later in the week than Wednesday in case a carrier delay causes samples to sit over the weekend.
- Shipping address: HudsonAlpha Clinical Services Lab, LLC, 601 Genome Way, Room 3023, Huntsville, AL 35806