Test Ordering Information
Only physicians may order
Whole Genome Sequencing
The test request form must accompany all samples. The form includes specimen requirements and shipping instructions, as well as sections for the physician to complete. Those sections include patient clinical information, test ordered, requests concerning secondary findings, billing and disclosure information. A physician’s note about the patient, including family history, is required. A photo of the patient is optional. To register as a provider or obtain a copy of the test request form, email firstname.lastname@example.org
The steps are below:
- Register as a provider. Please contact us at email@example.com to have your facility registered as a provider. Basic information, as well as provider ID, will be required.
- Registered providers will be able to create a personal account that will allow the submission and tracking of samples.
- To submit samples to the HudsonAlpha Clinical Services Lab, the specimens must be submitted to our LIMS system here.
- Samples may be submitted from a clinical collection lab as blood, saliva or purified DNA. For submission of blood, Beckton Dickinson Vacutainer EDTA Tubes are requested (lavender or pink) with lavender preferred. Also accepted is BD Vacutainer Specialty Tube (yellow). Only Oragene kits are accepted for saliva submission. Heparin is a powerful PCR inhibitor and co-purifies with DNA. Therefore, blood collected in Heparin-coated tubes should not be submitted.
- Label samples with patient’s name and date of birth.
- Package the forms, the sample and include a signed physician order (required for clinical sample processing).
- Print and sign the Hazardous Declaration Form to include with your shipment. Samples shipped without this document will be discarded.
- Pack samples as diagrammed at the side.
- Ship samples overnight to the address below. We advise shipping no later in the week than Wednesday in case a carrier delay causes samples to sit over the weekend.
- Shipping address:
HudsonAlpha Clinical Services Lab, LLC
601 Genome Way
Huntsville, AL 35806